Wednesday, October 29, 2008

30 Reasons I Will Vote for Barack Obama

I am a fifty year old (YIKES- that sounds so old!), mom, educator and emigrant from Southern Baptist Oklahoma, a Republican family and Missouri Synod Lutheran expectations. In 32 years of voting in presidential elections I have never voted along party lines. I have cast 4 votes for Republicans, 1 for an independent (John anderson---not Ross Perot!) , 3 for Democrats. I don't have a great record for picking winners. More than any ohter time in my life I believe that this election matters to the future of our country- to the lives of my children. I am voting for Barack Obama because I believe he is the best candidate in this election. I am far more passionate about voting for him---than I am about voting against McCain. I started this list to help me clarify my thinking and improve my ability to speak to votes in swing states. I also wanted to have a record of my thoughts for my children. It has been very exciting to see their strong interest in the election and their growth as they have listened and read much about both candidates. I first posted these on my Facebook page and am moving them to this blog because I want them to be more accessible in the future to my kids and because writing them has inspired me to blog after the election.

No comments: